In 1990, during a school leadership course, Cy fell ill with an unknown virus which attacked his spinal cord. After 3 months in a coma, Cy regained consciousness but had to learn to deal with the heavy burden of being disabled for the rest of his life. He had to re-learn to speak and had to come to terms that he will never walk again. During his stay in hospital, Cy developed a close relationship with his nurse, Wendy Lurie, and married her in 1994. They were informed that producing children would be a near miracle and probably not possible. Cy and Wendy’s son Joshua was born in April 1995.
Despite his disability Cy has continually given his energy to assisting individuals in steering their lives towards their own destinies, whether that be family, relationships, directing focus on their goals or making profound contributions to their organisations and communities.
* MASTERING THE SKILLS OF LIFE
* BOXING SMARTER
* GETTING BACK TO BASICS
* HAVING FUN IN THE WORKPLACE
* COMMUNICATION….. OUR FRIEND
* ENHANCING BUSINESS CULTURE
Cy is truly a testament to what human beings are capable of if they are determined and pro-active!
UKZN Chapter President of the Golden Key Honours Society
Leader of the Year – Discovery Health
Quality Approach Course – Orlando Disney World
Climbed the sentinel peak on Drakensberg
Created new incentive structures for a leading call centre, which linked to the company values
Implementation of multi-skilling at various leading organisations
1. East Rand Women's Business Association – Women in the Workplace
2. Green Office Supplies – Motivation and Inspiration
3. KZNonSOURCE Breakfast – Importance of Ergonomics
4. Rotary Club – Umgeni – Motivation and Getting back to Basics
5. Umhlanga Toastmasters Association
6. South African Blood Services, Gail-Anne Nothard - Marketing Manager - Cy picked up on the audience emotions immediately and focussed his talk on what was needed. SANBS is going through re-structuring and change resulting in staff battling to come to terms with some of the changes. He inspired the audience to take up the challenge and to recognise and deal with their own “disabilities”. He also spoke about communication and trust in an honest and forthright manner which went down exceptionally well with both management and staff.
Cy inspired and motivated the staff leaving us all on “a high”.
I would definitely recommend Cy Edmondson as an excellent motivational speaker.
7. Rostrum Luncheon Club
8. FNB Home Loans KZN, Eveshni Moodley, Marketing and Events - Cy Edmondson is a totally positive human being with an extraordinary sense of humour. Our KZN team enjoyed his enthusiasm and appreciation of life and stood back in owe at his achievements in life. We will definitely be utilising his skills in the near future to entertain and motivate our external customers.